Loc Love Detox Kit
We have created the perfect kit for detoxing your locs, breaking down the build up and deeply cleansing your locs for a lighter, healthier, cleaner look and feel.
This kit includes:
a inflatable shampoo bowl
a pack of dried oranges and lemons
a pack of detoxifying loc powder (made with Himalayan salt, baking soda, coconut oil, almond oil, and corn starch)
a 2oz bottle of ACV (apple cidar vinegar)
a 4oz bottle of revitalizing shampoo
a bottle of essential oil blends (rosemary, lavender, and tea tree oil)
a bottle of conditioning loc spray
and a wooden stirring stick
if you're not sure if your locs have buildup, give them a squeeze when wet. If white stuff, or something other than water appears to the surface, then it's buildup. One should only detox their locs once or twice a year.
1. fill your inflatable shampoo bowl with air. make sure the air is secured.
2. fill your blown up shampoo bowl with hot water.
3. put your oranges and lemons in the water.
4. pour your detoxifying loc powder in the water, use 2-4 table spoons of powder depending on how thick and long your locs are.
5. Add 3/4 a cup of ACV.
6. pour desired amount of your essential oils in the water.
7. stir the mixture with the wooden stir stick.
8. tilt your head back into the inflatable shampoo bowl, submerging all your locs into the water.
9. Using a cup, scoop up some of the mixture, pour it on your scalp, and gently massage your scalp to help dislodge residue there. Do this for a few minutes until you feel your hair and scalp is clean enough.
10. soak your locs for a minimum of 30mins the longer your locs the longer you should allow them to soak.
11. When time is up, use your hands to work the mixture into your locs gently. Then squeeze from root to tip to get the rinse out of your hair. Depending on how much build-up you had, the color of the mixture may become murky and can range from light brown to deep brown. If the water is very dark brown, this indicates that you may need to repeat the process to remove more buildup.
12. Once you feel like you’ve removed enough buildup, rinse your hair thoroughly in the shower or sink and move on to the next step.
13. Wash your locs with the rejuvenating shampoo to wash away the buildup dislodged from the rinse.
14. After washing your locs use the conditioning loc spray on your locs and scalp.
15. Retwist and style as desired.
remember to only detox your locs one to two times per year (every 6months).
Conditioning Hair Oil Spray: avocado oil, olive oil, almond oil, black castor oil, black seed oil and essential oil for scent.
Detox Mix: baking soda, corn starch, Himalayan salt, coconut oil, almond oil, rose water and peppermint.
Essential Oil: lavender, eucalyptus, lemon and tea tree oil.
Please select all options.